Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Scottsdale: Tomorrow!

Right now I am just super excited to go to Scottsdale. I really need a few days off, and I get to be there for 4 whole days. I will get to see my family, Daniel's family, and all the church people. The best part: I get to show off my brand new sparkly diamond ring! On Thursday our two families are getting together to celebrate. My parents are cooking a dinner for all of us. It's our first dinner as in-laws-to-be :-) The only thing that I'm not looking forward to is having no Spud there. My parents took him to the vet yesterday to put him to sleep. I have no idea what it's going to be like to be there without Spud. He's been in our family since I was 7 years old! It will be very strange, and sad.

I finished midterms and I am so glad. It's definitely a relief. Tomorrow I'll get my chemistry test back, and I'm really not looking forward to that. When I got my biology test back, I was in a bad mood for a long time about it. Hopefully I did better on this test. I know I did well on psychology because it was really easy. Yesterday turned out to be such a fun day. It was our first warm day in a few weeks, so everybody was outside enjoying the weather. It was kind of funny because there were girls laying out sunbathing next to big piles of snow. It hasn't all melted quite yet, but it was close to 70 degrees! My 2-hour class was cut to 45 minutes because it was just a test. Then my lab, which is usually 2-3 hours, was only 30 minutes. All we did was put seeds in a dish and take them home. Daniel heard that it was free cone day at Ben and Jerry's, so we walked over there. And on the way, we discovered that there was a Daniel's College of Business 100 year birthday party out on the lawn. DUGS (DU Grilling Society) was giving out free pitas with greek seasoned grilled chicken - yum! DUGS is the best. They cook for a lot of student activities and it is always delicious, and always free! Well, for students anyways. Then we walked over to Ben and Jerry's, and discovered that free cone day is actually today, not yesterday. Oh well, we'll go back today. To top off the day, Daniel and I went to Target to buy a big storage bin and I spent the night packing up all our winter clothes and ski clothes. Goodbye snow! It was exciting because I was thinking, no big deal, we'll have plenty of space in our new HOUSE to put this big bin!

Speaking of the House, there have been new developments on that front. Daniel has talked to his father and we got a general timeline and plan. He is driving out here around May 15. Julie is still trying to convince him to come sooner, but he probably won't. He is planning on staying for about a month, or however long it takes to find a house and close. Evan may be coming out too. When he gets here the first thing we'll do is look at the houses that Daniel and I have already looked at and liked. If any of them are still on the market. Then, if Robert likes any of those we'll put in an offer. If not, we'll keep looking as long as it takes to find one that we're all happy with. At this point it's about 99% sure we are definitely getting a house. Basically, the only way we wouldn't is if the market crashes again or one of them loses their job.

And what makes me really happy is that tomorrow Daniel is resigning from his RA position for next year. That makes it official- no matter what Daniel and I are living together. Even if that means an apartment or whatever, we are not living on campus. He's really worried about it, but I think it will be fine. His boss loves him and his reason is perfectly legitimate. I mean we're engaged for goodness sake. It's ridiculous for him to be living here while his fiancee lives somewhere else. I am much happier and feeling more calm about the whole thing, except now I'm so impatient! I want to put in an offer TODAY and move in TOMORROW!!! I'm so sick of being cramped into a tiny room and not having space for anything and not being able to cook or have friends over. We are going to have an address, a master bedroom and bathroom, a beautiful kitchen, a backyard, and a puppy! And I'm pretty sure we'll get to take either my parents' piano, or my grandparents'. And probably I'll take all the furniture from my old room and whatever else my parents will let me take that they don't want anymore. Patience is soooo not my strong point, but I am having to practice it a lot right now. It's still another 3 weeks before Robert even comes out and then it'll be probably another 4 at least until we can move in. But I will wait as long as it takes.

No comments: