Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Life Goes On...

Picking up our new bed turned out to be quite an adventure. The guy that sold it to us had class until 8pm, so we couldn't get it until after that. Daniel had a rehearsal until 9pm. But we had to rent a truck from Home Depot that would fit the bed and Home Depot closes at 9. So that left it up to me. However, we needed someone over 21 years old to drive the truck. Daniel got another one of his fraternity brothers to go with me and rent the truck for us. We had about 45 minutes to get to his apartment, load the mattress and parts of the bed frame, drive to Nelson, unload everything, and get the truck back to Home Depot before it closed. It was very stressful. If we didn't return it, we would have to pay $70 for the whole night (instead of $19 for one hour). And on top of that, the truck was barely under the clearance to get into the garage so I was terrified we would set off one of the fire sprinklers. We got it back with 2 minutes to spare. I was a little bitter that Daniel wasn't there to help us carry stuff and unload everything, but he arranged for his brothers to help out so I wasn't doing it completely by myself. And later that night he put it all together so we got to sleep on our new bed! We also got one of those memory foam mattress toppers and new sheets. It was so nice to sleep on a bed where you can't feel the springs and Daniel and I have room to roll over without hitting each other.

Yesterday was a nice relaxing day. I had a lot of free time because choir was canceled. After dinner Daniel and I decided that we really wanted to make something yummy for dessert. We looked online and found a recipe for berry crumble. We tried to find one with as few ingredients as possible so we didn't have to buy a ton of stuff. Hope came to help us make it and it turned out delicious! In the middle of baking it, one of Daniel's fraternity brothers called him and asked him to pick up some groceries for him. He just got out of the hospital and couldn't really get to the store himself so Daniel drove back to Safeway while we finished baking the dessert. Hope and I got to spend some time talking about next year. She's really excited to go to London and study abroad for fall quarter. And then she will move in with us! If everything works out right, the three of us will be living together this summer too. After we ate dessert, Daniel realized he was supposed to get a card for his supervisor because it was RD Appreciation Day. So we went to Safeway for the third time to get that. I think that having berry crumble for dessert just put me in a good mood the rest of the night :-)

Today I got my psychology midterm back. I got an 89, which isn't as good as I thought. But it's still higher than the average which was an 84. And she made us a deal where we can write down the multiple choice question we got wrong and write why our answer was wrong and the correct answer is right and she'll give us half credit back. I think that's a really good deal! Unfortunately, I only missed 3 multiple choice questions, so that's 3 points back. But I think I'll do it anyways. I have also started to think about my final paper. We have the choice of writing a research paper or analyzing our own development in the context of the class. I am pretty sure I want to do the second one, but now I have to figure out a topic. I have thought about writing about my attachment to my mom, my sister, my grandparents, and Daniel, and how they're all related. I don't know if I would have enough there to write 5 pages though. I have also thought about analyzing how being a twin has affected my development. Like with people comparing us all the time, and the natural competition between us, and being assumed to be like "one person." Also, Nicole and I learned to read really early so I might be able to write a paper about how our day care helped us learn our letters early and that helped us learn to read early which gave us a head start in our early education. I asked my mom to send me some videos from when we were children so I can use that in my paper. I'll have to keep thinking about it and see if anything strikes me as a really good topic. It also has to be something I can research because we have to cite 3 journal articles.

I am really excited for Theta Chi formal this weekend. It's always fun to get dressed up and have a nice dinner and dance all night long. I have to figure out which dress to wear. I have like three that would work. I really like my turquoise one though, and there are very few events formal enough to wear it.

I don't think I ever wrote about it, but we got a card from our elementary/middle school band director congratulating us on our engagement. We sent her an announcement because we really met and fell in love in her class. Music and band has always been a common interest of ours and she was such a great teacher too. She sent us a card and on the inside it said something like "I was so happy to hear your great news and your picture is so gorgeous! I can't think of any two people that are so right for each other (except maybe your brother and sister)" Ha! That's so funny. I think we'll invite her to the wedding too. It must be nice as a teacher hearing about your former students and how they're doing now. Then again, we never got anything back from Mrs. Kouns. I thought for sure we would get a card or something from her. Oh well. She's busy with a soon-to-be one year old and I heard they're adopting another baby! Crazy. When I was a senior, she had just found out that she was unable to have kids and now she's getting ready to adopt her second.

I should do my homework.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Did she mean me and Evan? haha Remember when we were her students me and Evan totally had crushes on each other!!