Thursday, April 2, 2009

More snow in the forecast.

Well, it did snow yesterday. And guess what... it's supposed to snow again tomorrow night. 6-12 inches! Another big storm. Yuck. This time, I know to plan for it and just stay in that night. At least we've been lucky enough that it's always snowed on the weekend or in the evening so I'm not walking to class in it. I seriously feel like God held all the snow that was supposed to fall in the entire winter and decided that he's going to give it all to us in the span of like 2 weeks.

In my child development class, we did prenatal development yesterday. We did fertilization of the egg, all the way up through birth. And we watched a video of the whole thing. Including birth. It was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I really thought that watching a live birth would cure me of wanting desperately to have children ASAP, but it didn't. We watched real footage of the baby inside the womb. It was amazing! I am really loving this class. And I'm loving this quarter in general. 14 credits is a breeze! I'm actually a full week ahead in my homework. I finished a homework assignment yesterday that isn't even due until Monday. Crazy. I'm sure it will pick up a little as we get more into the quarter, but for now I'm enjoying myself.

Tomorrow night I decided to take Daniel out on a date. We always go out for Italian, because that's my favorite. Well for once, I am going to take Daniel out for sushi. He loves sushi, but he doesn't get it very often. And then we're going to the symphony to see Verdi's Requiem. I think it'll be a really nice date. Hopefully it's not too cold.

I found out in choir today that Eric Whitacre himself is coming to DU in the fall. He is actually going to work with the choir and conduct one of his own pieces himself. How exciting! I know for sure he's going to conduct Chorale, I'm not sure about Lamont Women's choir. Maybe next year I'll be in chorale, though I doubt it. For those of you who don't know him, he is one of the most famous chorale composers still alive. He also writes music for wind ensemble, but most of my favorites are chorale pieces. All of his stuff is very lyrical and meaningful. Check him out on iTunes. Anyways, I (and all of my choir friends) love pretty much all of his music, so it'll be really exciting to actually get to work with him. It's a real incentive for me to be in choir again next year, though I was planning on it anyways. I love it this quarter. So far, anyways. I love all the music we are doing. Every piece is beautiful, and fun to sing, and just the right level of challenge to make it interesting. First quarter, the rehearsals seemed to drag on forever, but the last 3 have gone by so quickly! And they've been fun! I really love to sing. It's the one part of my life that I actually get emotional and not so logical and scientific about.

I don't want to work anymore. I'm bored.

No comments: