Sunday, April 5, 2009

Saturday Night

Yesterday was so much fun! I worked in the morning... that wasn't the fun part. Although I did finish all my homework which was nice. Daniel brought pei wei for lunch for us. That was the first time I ate there, and it was really good. After work we went over to the Dodgeball Tournament. Tri-delt put on a dodgeball tournament as a fundraiser for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. Each time paid $50 to enter. All the Greek organizations try to support each other, so pretty much every sorority and fraternity had a team. Each team had to have at least 2 girls, so I played on Theta Chi's team to give them another girl. They had recruited a few other girlfriends and friends of brothers to play. One of them was so good, she threw like a guy! I think she's probably why we did so well. Actually, in one game, every single guy had gotten out and it was just two girls left. The other team still had like 4 people in (we all started with 6). We actually ended up wining because the one girl was so good! Out of like 20-30 teams, we got about 5th. It was really fun. I'm pretty good at dodging balls. As long as I didn't throw any, I did pretty well.

Later that night we had reservations at Izakaya Den. It's a really nice sushi restaurant. Daniel went there once before with his brothers for pref dinner. One of the brothers works there. He made sure we got VIP seating. We went into this special room and sat at the bar. Behind the bar, the two head chefs make all the sushi for the entire restaurant right there. So when we ordered, we just told him what we wanted and he made it right there and handed it to us. It was so cool! Daniel loves sushi, so it was a special treat for him. I don't mind it, and last night I actually liked it. Everything was so good, especially with a little soy sauce on it. I just can't think about what's in it while I'm eating it or my gag reflexes kick in.

After dinner we stopped by Nelson and picked up Hope and drove downtown to the Performing Arts Center. Normally we would take the light rail, but it was freezing and snowing off and on so we didn't want to walk the 2 blocks to the light rail station. The CSO was performing Verdi's Requiem which is one of my favorite pieces. Earlier this year we saw the London Symphony Chorus perform it with Lamont Symphony Orchestra. I think that performance was a little better, but it could have been where we sat too. We were a little late, so they put us behind the choir and the orchestra. We were a little above them, looking down at their music. It was kind of cool though because we got to see the conductor the entire time. Unfortunately we couldn't see the solos at all, and sometimes it was hard to hear them too. We still really enjoyed it though. We stopped at Starbucks on the way home. When it's so cold out, Starbucks makes it all better. It was a really nice date night for Daniel and I. Even though it was kind of expensive, it was worth it. I got to do something nice and special for Daniel.

No comments: