Thursday, October 9, 2008

Love (sigh)

Yesterday in Psychology, we talked about love. It is so interesting to me. I think love is one of the most mysterious things. How is it that I fell in love with Daniel? What is it about us that draws us closer to each other than anyone else in the whole world? Is it a chemical thing, or just something we made up to make us happy? Is Daniel THE person for me, or are there thousands of people in the world that I could just as easily fall in love with, if only I had met them first? There are so many things we don't know about it. In class we talked about the evolutionary function of love. Basically, we evolved to love because it gave us a better chance at surviving. We were more likely to reproduce healthy children. But also, in the animal world, mating is actually kind of evolutionarily dysfunctional. For example, male birds are usually brightly colored to attract a female mate. And we talked about stereotypes of love and if they're true. I know that mine and Daniel's relationship is very unique, so it's hard for me to relate to other people. I mean I've never dated around. I don't have any exes to compare to Daniel. It's actually kind of weird. But obviously, really cool too. I mean how many other people knew their husband in middle school? How many other people can say they have never kissed another person besides their husband? And how many people can say that they knew who they were going to marry in high school?

It's the weekend! I love the weekends because I always have tons of time to hang out with my friends. And I don't have hardly any homework this week because we just finished with mid-terms. So basically it's working and hanging out with friends!

Daniel and I are starting to plan our anniversary/my birthday weekend. I think we are going to go to the Melting Pot for dinner on the 22nd and then on the 25th a bunch of friends are coming over for a party for my birthday! Then in November, we are going up to Estes Park to spend a night in a cabin up there. Really, that's just to see the reunion cabin where we want to get married. And we want to see how much snow there really is on the ground and what the weather is like.

Today I got a package from my Aunt and Uncle. They sent me a bunch of Halloween decorations and candy and rice krispies treats! yum! I'm really lucky because I have my parents, grandparents, and aunt and uncle to spoil me. It's basically just me, my sister, and my brother because my other cousins are secluded in the church of scientology. Although we are planning on going to visit them in December. Daniel and I were already planning on going to Disneyland right after Thanksgiving. Well my cousin Cedar is due to give birth really soon, so my grandparents mentioned that they want to go visit her and the baby sometime while I'm home for Christmas break. I think that sounds awesome! I hardly ever get to spend time with my grandparents because when I'm home in the summer, they're in Utah and when they're in Phoenix, I'm in Colorado. So it would be great to get to go to Disneyland with Daniel, spend some time with my grandparents, and meet my new second cousin all in one trip! I'm so excited!

No comments: