Monday, October 13, 2008

Brownies!

I just finished making brownies. I love brownies. I love anything with chocolate in it.

This weekend was really fun. I spent a lot of time hanging out with friends and working as usual. I didn't have nearly as much homework as I nearly do, probably because mid-terms just ended. On Friday I worked for most of the day. From 11am-1pm when I work at the desk it's also Jeff's office hours so he's at the desk with me. He mentioned that he wants to study abroad in Italy this summer, but he doesn't want to go by himself so he asked if I was interested. He told me more about it and it sounds great! I didn't want to study abroad initially because I didn't want to miss a whole quarter here. But 5 weeks in the summer sounds perfect. It's not too long, and I won't miss any class here! And Italy is probably one of the top 5 places I want to go (mostly for the food!) So I talked to my mom and she agreed that it's a great idea! She said that my grandpa would probably be willing to support me and pay for it. We'll talk about it some more over the next few months. When I got off at 9 that night, Daniel invited me to go over to Tim's house with Eric, Jeff, and one of the new brothers. We had to work at Nelson at 11pm, so we couldn't stay for that long. It was fun to hang out with all the guys. That night was the first really cold night of the season. It was almost freezing outside. Daniel and I came back and worked until 1am. Just before our shift ended, I got a call from Leora over at Nagel. She said that the person who was supposed to take over at 1am and work until 7am was in the emergency room. He works at our hockey arena and he was hit in the head with a hockey puck. So I had to go up to Jeff's room and knock on his door and let him know what was going on. He's in charge of the desk so he had to find someone to cover those shifts. I felt so bad waking him up, but that's his job.

On Saturday, I woke up early to get to work at 9. I was so tired from the night before, but I had to go to work. It was wet, misty, and COLD outside. When I got home, Daniel was still in bed. I went back to sleep, but I had a group meeting for psychology at 12. I thought I would just sleep for 45 minutes and then head over to the library. But, I overslept. I woke up at 12:15 and I decided to just ditch the meeting. I was too tired. Now I really regret that decision because all weekend I have felt so guilty about it. I missed the first group meeting because I was sick and now I missed the second one. And we have a paper due tomorrow which I had nothing to do with. I feel terrible. I emailed them and told them I would write the paper, but nobody replied. Every time I think about it my stomach knots up. But I can't go back and change it. Hopefully they aren't really angry tomorrow when I see them in class. When I woke up it was pouring rain outside. Daniel invited me to eat at Chili's with his brothers. They had spent all afternoon at the park playing volleyball in the rain for a Greek philanthropy event. So I drove over to Chili's and we had lunch/dinner. Daniel and I had planned on going to Elitch Gardens that night, but it was 40 degrees outside and pouring rain, so we thought it was going to be way too cold to be outside on roller coasters and stuff. Instead, we went to an exchange with DZ. Because Theta Chi won the tournament, they were invited to an exchange at Stick-E-Star. It's a bar basically right on campus. I felt very uncomfortable surrounded by sorority girls wearing skimpy clothes and trying everything to get alcohol even though they were underage. But I survived for a couple hours. Then Jeff and Daniel and I decided to go home and watch "Saw". For my psychology class I had to watch a scary movie and analyze my fear reflexes. I HATE scary movies. I never ever watch them because I don't enjoy being scared. But Jeff convinced me that I have to see this movie. Before we even started watching it, I was freaking out. But I got through it. I did not enjoy it whatsoever. And for the rest of the night, I wouldn't let Daniel leave my side and I had to have the TV on to keep my mind off the movie. I highly doubt I will watch Saw 2, 3, or 4.

Sunday is my one day to sleep in and I enjoyed it. I worked again for most of the day. After Daniel's chapter meeting that night, we went over to Jeff's apartment up on the fifth floor. All three Erics and a bunch of the other brothers were up there. We ended up just hanging out and talking until almost midnight. I really regretted that this morning when I had to wake up at 7am to be at class. But it was really fun anyways. I shouldn't have gone to class this morning. My professor assumed nobody would come because it's the day after the mid-term, so we just watched a movie. She gave us all 10 extra credit points on our mid-term for being there, but I only missed 3 points altogether so it would have been more worth it to me to have slept in. But I was already there, so I stayed.

The weekend went so fast and now it's the sixth week of class! This quarter is going by so fast. I finally feel like I belong here at DU. I am involved in the school, I have a ton of friends, my classes are going so well. On three mid-terms I got a B+ and two A+s. Tomorrow I will find out my fourth. I am loving living in Nelson with all my friends and making a ton of money while doing my homework at the desk. And my admissions blog went live today! Everything is going great :-)

No comments: