Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crazy busy!

Well I have been so so busy that I haven't had time to think let alone blog. But the last week has been very fun. I think mostly because I felt like it's been my birthday for the past week and it's not even until Saturday. I'm making up for last year when I had a crappy birthday.

So on Thursday Daniel and I went to a concert at Lamont. It was our very own lamont symphony orchestra with the London Symphony Choir. They performed Verdi's Requiem. It was amazing. Verdi writes such passionate emotional music, and the choir and orchestra performed it beautifully. There was this one part that repeats three times throughout the requiem and it's really really loud and the bass drum plays really hard. Every time the guy hit the drum I jumped in my seat. I couldn't help it! I have sensitive ears or something, I don't know. But it was great.

On Friday, I worked as usual. A LOT. And then on Saturday Daniel took me out on a date. We made reservations at P.F. Chang's. Daniel doesn't usually like to go there, so it was a nice treat for me. Afterwards we went to banana republic. Last winter every time we went to the symphony or someplace nice I never had a nice coat to wear. All I had was my boring old windbreaker. So I needed like a peacoat or something more formal. Well, banana republic had a sale this weekend: 30% off all outerwear. There was a beautiful coat that I saw a few weeks ago, but didn't buy because I thought I would get one around my birthday and it was super expensive. So I bought it this time, but for 30% off! And we had a coupon for an extra 10% off on top of that, so I got it for about $100 off. yay! I also bought my mom and sister's birthday presents. Then we went to the symphony. It wasn't anything exciting, but I had to go for one of my classes.

Also this weekend, my grandparents bought Daniel and I tickets to see Madama Butterfly the opera. It was my birthday present! I am so excited! I saw one opera this summer and I LOVED it, so I am super excited to see this one with Daniel. And I will get to wear my new coat and be all sophisticated. The tickets were over $100 a piece, they are very good seats. And the shows were almost all sold out so we got some of the last available tickets.

Finally, this weekend probably THE MOST EXCITING thing happened. Daniel and I decided that this summer we are going to go to EUROPE!! Originally, I asked my mom if she thought I could study abroad this summer in Italy. Our friend Jeff was planning on going and looking for some friends to go with. Well, my grandpa said that instead of paying for tuition, he would pay for me to just go on vacation there. Daniel's parents said the same thing. So... there you go. Daniel and I are now planning our vacation to Europe. Here's our plans so far (completely flexible at this point): Leave Denver on July 8 and fly to Madrid, Spain. Spend one week in Spain (Madrid, Barcelona, etc.) then take the train to France. Spend a week in France (Paris, Versailles, etc..... see the Tour de France) then take the train to Switzerland. Spend a few days in Switzerland and maybe a few days in Austria or Germany. Then go to Italy. Spend a week in Italy (Rome, Florence, Venice). We are planning on about four weeks total. I also want to go to Greece, but I figure on our honeymoon we can take a cruise to Greece, so it's not essential to do that on this trip. I think the places we have planned will be plenty for four weeks anyways. Yesterday we went to Borders and bought this huge guidebook for Europe so we can start planning our itinerary. We already have our plane trip picked out. We found a flight for pretty cheap. It leaves on July 8 in the evening, lands in London then two hours later leaves for Madrid. And with all the fees (there are a lot) it would be about $1600 a piece. That's actually really cheap compared to what we've seen other places. I am SO EXCITED!! And I'm about 90% sure my grandparents are going to pay for my expenses. Daniel and I are both saving $100 each a month now to put towards the trip. And every birthday/Christmas gift from both of our families will hopefully be cash towards the Europe trip. Can you believe it??? We are so lucky. Hopefully we'll find some friends or siblings to go with us. I think the more the merrier.

Back down to earth now. This morning, my mom's best friend Karen called and said that she is in town for business and invited me and Daniel to dinner. So we asked some friends and found a uniquely denver place that's supposed to have like the best burgers in the country. It was really fun. She is a fun person to talk to, and it was nice to have a tiny piece of home to come visit since parents weekend is coming up and everything.

Tomorrow is our anniversary. Six years! Holy cow. That's a lot. All I can say is I'm dying to get engaged. Who knows..... maybe we'll buy a ring and get engaged in Europe. And on Saturday is my twentieth birthday. I got my first gift yesterday. It was from Daniel's parents. It was such a great gift! It was a manila envelope. Inside was a bunch of information and an application to get a passport and $100 cash. It is an awesome gift because in December I am going on a cruise to Mexico with them and I will need a passport for that and Europe. So they sent me the money to pay for the passport. They are so sweet. I love having two families. It's the best.

Okay, it's time for bed. I have to work at 5am tomorrow. Then in the evening.... The Melting Pot! Wow my life is so exciting right now!!

1 comment:

beth said...

wow!!! well first, happy anniversary! second, i dont think i have ever been jealous of somebody before but i think you just did it! Europe, melting pot, Mexico, expensive coats, operas, money out they ying yang from everybody...you are so lucky! I cannot wait to hear about it all!
I miss you!