Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy anniversary to me!

Our anniversary was amazing. It was everything that I wanted... and more. So many of our friends wished us happy anniversary. I wore my beautiful new coat, and Daniel wore his anniversary present, a sweater from Banana Republic. And Daniel bought me a DU scarf from the bookstore. I have wanted one ever since I transferred here, but they are really expensive so I never bought it. But Daniel did! It's yellow and maroon striped with fringe on the ends and it looks exactly like the scarves that all the Gryffindors wear in the Harry Potter movies. When I first saw people wearing them on campus, I thought they had bought Harry Potter scarves. And then Daniel told me that they are actually DU scarves lol.

We went to the melting pot for dinner of course. The restaurant is beautiful. They have waterfalls through the entire thing. They gave us an anniversary card signed by everyone, and a free chocolate dessert! So we did this deal where it's one flat price for all four courses: cheese, salad, meat, and chocolate. After the cheese course, I was already feeling full so I had no idea how I was going to make it through the entire dinner.... but of course I did. We didn't finish everything though. There were a few pieces of chicken left on our plate that we just couldn't finish eating. But by the time the chocolate came out of course we had enough room for dessert! As my friend Hope says "there's a separate compartment in your stomach just for dessert". By the end of the meal, my stomach was completely full and I couldn't possibly eat another bite. We got the cheddar cheese, caesar salad, coq au vin (with red wine- yum!) for the main course, and yin and yang for dessert. In the pot is white chocolate on one side and dark chocolate on the other, in the shape of a yin yang. It was so cool! Pictures:
















Other than that, it's been a very stressful week. We have been out every night until late and busy all day long. I made a list of the homework I have for this weekend, and it is twice as long as usual. I have two group presentations on the same day, November 4 which is two days after I am out of town. And the day after that, I have a huge paper due. So obviously I have a lot of work to do. As usual, I am going to try to get as much as possible done before that weekend so I'm not stressed out. Daniel is very concerned that I am going to ruin our romantic weekend by being anxious and stressed the whole time. But I promised him that I will try to get it done ahead of time, and even if I don't that I will just forget about it for 24 hours and enjoy myself.

I had a biology test today that I was really worried about. I got a B+ on my last one and there's only one more before the end of the quarter. And those are the only grades that we get so basically my test grades are my final grade as well. We got a new professor a few weeks ago. He is terrible. He seems very nervous like he's afraid of public speaking or something. And he contradicts our textbook and stuff which is really frustrating. So I did my best with studying and we'll see how it turns out.

My birthday is tomorrow. And so far I've received two cards: one from bells at church and one from the grandparents. That's a little sad.

No comments: