Sunday, October 26, 2008

Birthday fun

Well my birthday turned out to be such a great day, mostly thanks to Daniel. After work I went back to bed for about an hour and then Daniel and I and some friends went out for lunch. Hope, Alex, Eric (and his parents - it's parents' weekend) went with us to Beau Jo's pizza. It's 'famous Colorado mountain pies'. The BEST part about it is that they make the crust with honey. So you are supposed to eat your pizza but save the crust and they bring out honey and you dip the crust in honey and eat it for dessert. It's delicious! I had like 4 crusts at the end. It was nice to just go out with friends and the weather was beautiful so we sat outside on the patio.

After lunch Hope invited us to go halloween costume shopping with her. Some of her high school friends invited her to a party so she needed a costume. We went to two different places before we found one that she liked. Daniel had to work at 3 so I dropped him off and went to pick up the cake for my party that night. It turned out to be much more difficult than I thought. The ice cream place doesn't have a parking lot, so you have to park on the street. Well it was really crowded so I drove around until someone left so I could park. When I got the cake and drove back to campus, all the streets were barricaded for the homecoming parade. I couldn't get to my dorm's parking lot. I was freaking out because the cake was melting in the passengers seat while I was waiting for the parade to go by. So Daniel got Jeff to cover the desk and he ran across campus to get the cake and take it back to the dorm. I found a general parking lot and left the car there. It was very stressful! I was planning on getting a nap after that, but no such luck. We had to do mail and by the time that was done, it was only an hour before my party. So we ate dinner in the dining hall and went upstairs for my party!

About 12 people came which was just perfect. We had enough cake for everyone, but not a ton of leftovers. Everyone sang happy birthday to me which was really awkward and embarrassing. But they insisted. Some people had to leave after just an hour or so because their parents were in town, but some people stayed and we played games until about 10pm. Then Eric came over and we hung out until he had to go to work at 11pm. Over all, it was a really great day. I got a gift from my aunt and uncle in Indiana which Nicole helped pick out. It was a necklace. I am terrible at picking out jewelry; Nicole is much better so I like it when she gives me jewelry. And one of my other friends Reema bought me Philosophy. I've always wanted to try it, but I have never bought it for myself. It smells like cinnamon and Christmas. I love it.

Today I have worked a lot. Daniel cooked me a delicious dinner so I could eat before work. I work exactly the same times that the dining hall is open so sometimes I'm just out of luck. And of course we had left over Bonnie Brae ice cream cake for dessert. Daniel and I also planned out our week in France. It's the first definite plans we've made and it makes me feel much more calm and excited instead of anxious and stressed. I think I'm most excited about Versailles. I am very nervous about figuring out how to say the french words though. Daniel and I totally butchered the name of every place we want to visit. The only one I know is "Versailles". And unfortunately we won't be in Paris on Bastille Day, but we will be there during the Tour de France.

This week is advising week and at the end of the week we register for next quarter's classes. We're in week 8 now! 3 more weeks until finals and then home for the holidays. I'm looking forward to going home much more now that I found out that my parents will be gone for two whole weeks and I'm going on a cruise with Daniel's family. So excited!!

No comments: