Saturday, July 5, 2008

Up in the Rocky Mountains

So I'm here at Estes Park and I finally have a chance to get online. The administration building is the only place with wi-fi, so I have to bring my computer up here and log on. So I'm sitting outside looking up at the Rocky Mountains with patches of snow on them. It's about 70 degrees with a slight breeze. There are some big thunder clouds rolling in and it looks like we might have a storm in a few hours. I love it up here! I haven't done a whole lot since I got here. On our way up, we stopped in Telluride which is the most beautiful (and expensive) little town I have ever seen. We saw this medum sized fixer-upper house going for 1.6 million. Wow. And the whole town is perfectly manicured every house is cute and they have miles and miles of walking pathways along a little creek. So anyways, we met some of my parents' friends there and had dinner at a little ski resort. Then we drove on to Ridgeway where we spent the night. The next morning we met those same people for breakfast and then they showed us their house up on a little mountain with incredible views. And I got to go pet their horses and their doggies and one cat that thinks its a dog. ha. And finally we were on our way here to Estes. We got here about 6pm on Thursday evening. And I've mostly been lounging around enjoying the scenery, and eating good food. Everything tastes better when you eat it on the porch of a cabin. I am really excited because we are picking up Daniel tomorrow in Denver. I miss him so much. Two weeks is too long! But now we will get to do lots of stuff together and we will be together 24 hours a day (literally - we're sharing a room). On the agenda for the next week is horseback riding, hiking and a picnic and fishing, high ropes course, craft shop (I think I might make a basket) and lots of walks and reading and cooking and eating. How relaxing. Last night we went up on this mountain and sat in the chapel way up there and watched fireworks from town. It was just amazing. And I was looking at possible locations for our wedding if we decide to have it up here. There's a reunion home that sleeps 72-80 people and has two big living room areas divided by a two-sided fireplace. One will sit 80 people to eat, and the other area would be great for dancing and perhaps a reception. It sounds perfect, doesn't it? It's like $1800 a night. And that would be the wedding location, reception, and housing for all my guests! Plus it has an industrial sized kitchen and huge picture windows with the snow-covered mountains in the background and a beautiful fireplace to keep everyone nice and cozy. My parents like the idea, and Daniel has always said he wants to get married up here. In October, they have nice days, but also some cold days, so it would be a toss-up if we wanted to get married outdoors. It's so fun to think about. Okay I've written enough. Just think of me sitting up here outside in the mountains with the love of my life :-)

No comments: