Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Still in the Mountains

So it's Tuesday and I've been here for 3-4 days. We went and picked up Daniel from Denver on Sunday and I was so happy to see him! It was killing me though because I couldn't really talk to him or spend time with him until a few hours later cause he was still working as a counselor. We showed my parents around campus (as much as we could because it was pouring rain) and then stopped in Loveland for dinner on our way back up here to Estes Park. It is so nice having Daniel here. Everything is way more fun with him and he just makes me happy. So now we are on the porch of Admin and he is doing some stuff for his fraternity and I'm writing a blog!

Yesterday we went horseback riding to Mills Creek. It was a 3 hour ride and today I think every single muscle in my body is mad at me. Our guide was first, his name was Patrick and he rode Yo-Yo. Then behind him was Daniel on Snoopy, me on Boots, and my mom on Joey. Patrick was such a typically cowboy it made me laugh. Snoopy stuck his tongue out the side of his mouth almost the entire ride. Boots really liked to stick his nose right up in Snoopy's butt. And Joey was a little short horse that for some reason was always like 10 feet behind me and Boots. Joey just wanted to go at her own pace I guess. It poured rain for about 2 hours of the ride so we got soaked and my fingers were numb. Towards the end of the ride, I heard my mom yell "stop!" and looked back and she was standing on the trail and Joey was running up to catch up with us. I guess Joey sorta stumbled on the trail and my mom fell off. Everyone was okay, and the rest of the ride went fine. We just took it easy on the trotting for a little while. For the last 30 minutes, I was really starting to hurt. The inside of my knees hurt the most. I've had problems with them since freshman year of high school. And today it's actually my back, and of course those little bones that you sit on that are hurting the most.

After the ride we went out to dinner to the Dunraven Inn, it's a really fancy italian place in town. We went with a bunch of friends, 11 people total. Then us 'kids' watched Space Balls before bed. It was a nice day. Today Daniel and I are going to the craft shop and we'll just hang around here. Tomorrow all 11 of us are hiking up to Sky Pond. It's a pretty long hike with a large elevation gain, so we'll see how it goes. We're going to have a picnic lunch at the lake and go fishing.

It's been really nice having Daniel here. But it's really hard because we haven't seen each other for two weeks, and now we're on vacation with my parents so we have to be on our 'best behavior' if you know what I mean. But in a week we'll both be back in Phoenix and I'll be back at work. I miss work a little bit. I keep wondering what's going on while I'm here. There was a huge article in the newspaper yesterday in Arizona about Sun Health Research Institute. Daniel's Mom saved it for me. Oh it's raining now! Just sprinkling really. It smells so good up here when it rains. And there's big dark clouds so it'll probably thunder too! Time to go to the craft shop. I'm gonna weave a basket! Exciting I know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who were the eleven people?