Saturday, July 12, 2008

Still on Vacation

Thursday was a really fun day. My family and Daniel played a round of mini-golf in the morning (I won!) and then we went to the administration building to inquire about holding our wedding there at Estes Park. We sat down with a lady and she told us the process involved with reserving the lodge and how much it would cost and how many people it would hold, etc. And she told us that it doesn't cost anything to reserve it now, and that if we wanted to we could go ahead. So we did. That's right, we reserved our wedding location for October 20-21, 2012. Mark your calendars! About two years before the reserve dates, they will call us and ask if we want to make it official and then we will put down a deposit. In October it snows, and then melts the next day. So I think it would be beautiful if there was snow coming down outside while we are getting married. I'm so excited!! And the place we reserved will be able to sleep about 80 people so friends from out of town can come and they won't have to pay for a hotel. But of course the wedding party will get our own cabin to get ready (got that Beth, Sarah, and Nicole?).

Then we met the Cylwiks in town and ate lunch at this great BBQ place and then we went and rode go-karts. We used to do that every year when we were kids and we haven't done it for a few years so it was really fun to reminisce. Scott and Eric were bumping people and going really slow purposely blocking the whole road so they both had their engines cut by the manager of the go-kart place. Haha serves them right. They were conspiring against Daniel and I. They wanted to spin us into the tires, but were unsuccessful. Then that night a bunch of our fly-fishing guide friends came over to the cabin for one last margarita party before we leave for AZ. The great thing is that a lot of the guys and girls that work for them are my age, so Daniel and I got to meet a bunch of other college kids that are working there this summer. And we had enough margaritas to feel good, but not get drunk. It was a great last night. Unfortunately, I didn't sleep at all that night. My sunburn hurt so bad, everytime I rolled over it was painful. And I was so hot and I was having weird dreams. I don't think I slept a bit. And I kept Daniel up all night cause I was tossing and turning. He was worried about me.

So now I'm in Utah. Officially mormonsville. It's kinda creepy. Daniel and I left early yesterday morning and drove 90 minutes down to Denver and got on a 90 minute flight to Salt Lake City. Once we landed, we called this shuttle company that picks us up at the airport and drives us to Logan. We had to wait 45 looooong minutes (they told us it would be 20) before it finally picked us up and then it was like another 90 minute drive to get to Logan, UT. We are staying in an apartment that is used for university students during the school year and sunbirds in the summer. It's kind of funny because old people see us walking around and they're like "what are a bunch of young people doing here?" So grandma and grandpa introduce us to all their friends and they think we're so cute and everything. Last night we went to see the opera "Aida". It was great! I have never been to a real opera before. It was in Italian, but they had slides projecting the english words so you could understand what was going on. Tonight we're seeing "1776" which is a musical about the constitutional congress. Today we also went out to pizza for lunch, went to this great art museum, and had ice cream. We're going to have dinner and then go to the show tonight.

I've been on vacation for 1 week and 4 days, and I am ready to go home. Even if that means I have to go back to work. I miss my room and my bed and being able to do what I want to do away from my parents. I am so glad that Daniel is here though. I love spending so much time with him (especially planning our wedding!)

3 comments:

beth said...

ummm you booked your wedding venue this early?!?! you are crazy! but i love you and it sounds pretty!

Daniel said...

We didn't exactly book it, just put in a request for the dates. When it comes time to book the place, two years before the event, we will have the first chance to do so. It is a very popular location and books really early and really fast.

beth said...

oh so you still might not marry her huh?!?!? good thing you didnt get a ring yet. J/K