Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What an exciting day!

Today I woke up not thinking it was going to be a very good day. First of all, it's Tuesday, which means I have class from 10am all the way to 6pm with a one hour break for lunch and I am usually exhausted by the end. Second of all, I don't get to see Daniel all day because we are both busy and have classes at different places on campus. And Third, I had to eat lunch all by myself :-( And until about 20 minutes ago, it was going about like I thought it would. But I got home at about 6:30 after having a nice (yet short) dinner with Daniel, and I noticed a nice little letter in the mailbox. Well, it's always exciting when I get mail, so I opened it and the letter informed me that I got a scholarship! I got the Emma Engle Scholarship which goes to undergraduate woman enrolled as a chemistry major. It's for $1000! Yay! So I called my dad and grandparents and mom to tell them the good news, and my grandpa told me his good news. He's going to be a great-grandpa! Oh my goodness that sounds crazy to me. My grandpa is going to be a great grandpa. My cousin Cedar is having a baby in August or September of this year. It's not that big of deal because I haven't seen her in about 4 years, and we don't really see her much more than every 4-5 years, so I doubt that we will see the baby that much either. But it's still exciting and I am very happy for her.

So now that all the excitement from the scholarship has wore off a bit I have now come crashing down to earth and realized that I have a crapload of homework to do that I really don't want to. I have two jobs to apply for and just a bunch of stuff to do. I should have done some of it last night, but I really REALLY didn't want to do it last night. And I just really don't want to do it tonight. So, by default, it is being done tonight. And after I finish it, I am going to watch the Diamondbacks. It reminds me of home and family and happy times at the ballpark, not to mention that they are winning a freakish amount of games and it's just fun to watch your team win. And I will eat a big bowl of chocolate ice cream while I wait for Daniel to get home. When did he become the overachiever and I become the one sitting at home? I guess college does change you.

No comments: