Monday, April 28, 2008

Today = stressful

I hate it when I have things that I need to do but I can't do them. Let me explain. I am applying for a summer internship and the application is due Wednesday. As in two days from today. I asked my physics professor about 2 weeks ago to write a letter of recommendation for me. He still has not given it to me. The rest of my application is finished, envelope is addressed, etc. I am just waiting for the letter. And on top of that, I have like 5 other things I need to mail and I am waiting to mail them all together because I live in a dorm which means I have to go to a post office and I don't have a car which means I have to walk. So I have a pile of things I need to mail and every time I think about them or see them, my stomach knots up. And I know that's ridiculous because I'm going to do it tomorrow, and I know that, so I shouldn't be stressed about it. Part of it as that I'm worried that if I mail it tomorrow, it won't get there until Thursday, and maybe they won't accept it because they didn't receive it by April 30. And one of the other things I'm mailing is a DVD that I'm returning to Amazon because stupid people sent me the wrong one which means that I don't get a refund until I mail it. And I hate having it just sit there while that money is still charged on my credit card. I need to relax. Definitely. Except I can't because I have two mid-terms this week. And that majorly stresses me out. I haven't gotten quite as good grades so far as last quarter and I really want to keep all As. That is a lot of pressure for me to put on myself. How in the world do I get rid of all this stress??!! I just wish that I could forget about it for a little while. Just writing this I can feel this giant knot in my stomach and my shoulders are tense. I need Daniel to come make me feel better, but he's busy. So that's not happening. HELP!

No comments: