Monday, April 28, 2008

I miss church

I really miss going to church. I am so lucky to have gotten to grow up knowing that there were a ton of people, not relatives, that love me and care about me. Every Sunday I know that the adults in the church are proud of me and the younger kids at church look up to me. I know that I am surrounded by people that care about me and want me to do well. And I love all them too. I really miss seeing all these people. Honestly, a lot of decisions I have made were based on what I thought would make my church family proud of me. And it's such a great thing that I know that even if my entire immediate family suddenly dies in a plane crash, I will never be out on the street. I mean, even when my parents decided to move to Montana there were like 5 families that offerred for me to stay with them over Christmas or the summer. The Valdivias, Whitmires, Francis, Wickershams, Beth and Jake, Ivies, etc. etc. all offerred a room for the summer. And even crazier is that I would be perfectly happy staying with any of them. I feel that every child should grow up with this kind of love and acceptance. I feel like Cross in the Desert is the 'village' that raised me. And I couldn't ask for any better upbringing. I will be so happy to go home for the summer and see all these people again and feel like a part of the family.

No comments: