Saturday, April 26, 2008

Today will be a good day.

I am excited for today. Eric's parents are in town so we're going out to eat. And that is exciting for two reasons: one, a free meal that's not in the dining hall and two, Eric feels that I'm important enough to introduce to his family. On a related note, a year ago Daniel's mom gave me this personality test that, among other things, measures if you are an extrovert or an introvert. I scored very high as an introvert. And I retook the test for my psychology class and I am now an extrovert! I know that sounds stupid and superficial to other people, but that is very exciting to me. In high school I was happiest when I was alone in my room. Parties and social situations were scary and I was always paranoid that people were thinking that I am stupid and a dork. But now, I go out like every weekend and even most days during the week. And I love it! I have a ton of friends, and I feel like they are all genuine, caring, loyal friends. It's amazing that I can walk on this huge campus and say hi to like 3 people that I know.

So anyways, after dinner with Eric, Daniel and I are going to a cocktail party at Jimmy and Janeen's apartment. And we're supposed to get all dressed up and everything. And I'm pretty sure that we're going to get drunk which always makes for a good time. But maybe not. Well, probably. Because it's close enough to walk home.

Yesterday was a good day too. :-) Daniel, Eric, and I went to the bookstore to get some mailing supplies for my application, then we went out for lunch, and then my two boys got hair cuts because formal is next weekend and they should look nice for that. They both look very cute! I did a ton of homework which makes me feel accomplished and happy and not guilty the rest of the night (see previous post). Then Daniel and I had a nice stroll to Safeway because I was out of chocolate ice cream and I made a nice little deposit into my checking account, and then we went to Newman. I actually played my clarinet. It's been like over a year, but I pulled out the ol' clarinet and it wasn't terrible. Some keys were sticking and stuff, but it was nice to play again. And I played the piano which always puts me in a really good mood. Then Daniel and I ate dinner at Nelson, which was not horrible even though it's a dining hall on campus, and then Daniel had to go to his RA thing so I went home and finished my application! FINISHED! I am so glad. So all that's left is mailing them. And when Daniel got back, we watched Juno and went to bed. What an ordinary, yet lovely day.

1 comment:

beth said...

ok, just found this and i have to catch up!

You are an extrovert! freaking a! this is one of the happiest days of my life!! : )