Friday, November 21, 2008

On my way!

I had a lovely relaxing day today.  The entire dorm was empty by the time I got up.  The only people left are a couple residents who got an extension, and a bunch of RAs.  All my favorite people! It was kind of cool having the run of the building.  Daniel and I spent all morning cleaning and packing.  Our room is spotless now.  I love it when everything is clean.  We did laundry and then packed everything up.  It barely fit in our car, but we worked it out.  We went out to lunch with Hope before she headed home to Colorado Springs and then we spent the rest of the day with Jeff.  It's so hard saying goodbye to all my friends for six whole weeks, but I'm sure it will go by quickly.  I really didn't want to go out for lunch and dinner today, so Jeff graciously offerred to cook dinner for us in his fabulous desk manager's apartment on the fifth floor.  Daniel and Jeff went grocery shopping and bought all the fixin's for tacos.  Then they cooked and we invited Nelson's desk manager Troy over, and a few other RAs who haven't left yet.  It was really nice hanging out and having the entire building to ourselves.  We could rent any DVD we wanted, and we used Nelson's Wii and played video games all night.  So now it's time for bed because we are leaving bright and early at 5am to drive home.  It's a 13 hour drive, so it will be a very long day.  

I'm kind of sad that we won't be living together for the next 6 weeks.  It will be hard for me to go to bed in my own bed, not with Daniel.  But I'll be fine.  I survived before this year sleeping in my own bed.  I hope my parents aren't offended if I want to be over at Daniel's house.  It will be hard to please my parents and spend time with Daniel and his family when I want.  It's all part of being an adult I guess.  Overall, I am very excited to go home!  

No comments: