Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I wish I was asleep right now.

I'm ready for this quarter to be OVER. I am very very tired of waking up for my 8am class/ my 5am shift at work. $8.70 is not worth it to wake up this early. Next quarter I will have 9am class every morning. I am greatly looking forward to it. It's not much later, but at least it's a steady schedule. This quarter I wake up at 7 on Monday, 8 on Tuesday, 4:45 on Wednesday, 9 on Thursday, 9 on Friday, 8 again on Saturday, and I get to sleep in on Sunday. It's quite confusing. I'm sure my circadian rhythms are not happy with me.

I'm also very excited to go home! The whole family is going to be together for Thanksgiving. We are all together so rarely now that it feels like a family reunion when we are. My parents are very glad that we are coming home too. Then they will be gone for two weeks which will be nice for me. It will definitely be a relaxing vacation. I think everybody should get 11 stressful weeks followed by 6 of vacation. It really helps you to push through until the end to think about 6 blissful weeks with no homework or studying or tests or waking up early.

Next week is actually pretty calm. I have one final and one optional final on Monday, and then another final on Tuesday and I'm done. We can't leave until Friday or Saturday because Daniel is an RA. So we have Wednesday and Thursday with basically nothing to do. We decided to go skiing on Wednesday. We're going to go up to Keystone. I'm going to take an all day class. I want to get good enough that I can snowboard all day and have fun. Right now it's a lot of work and although I'm looking forward to it and I know it will be fun, I'm also a bit nervous. I get scared when I start going too fast down the mountain so I lean back on my heel edge the entire time and that takes a lot of muscles. I end up very very sore the next day. I never quite got the hang of my toe edge, so instead of boarding front foot down the mountain, I switch back and forth on my heel edge. Hopefully at the class I will learn the proper way to board once and for all.

I hope Phoenix is nice and sunny and warm. It just got cold here the past few days, but still no snow in Denver. It has snowed everywhere else around Denver. It has been high 40s and 50s during the day, and freezing at night. To celebrate a new ski season I bought a new coat on Monday. I got tired of wearing the same coat every day last year so I bought myself another one that will be better for snowboarding, but also work for walking to class and stuff. It's one that has a fleece that zips into the inside with a waterproof outer layer. It's very warm and cozy. My other coat was not meant for sports. It wasn't waterproof or windproof, just really warm. So this coat is very nice. And it goes with my ski pants well. It was on sale for really cheap so I couldn't resist.

I think I'll eat breakfast now. It's very quiet for a college residence hall. Somebody has to be awake somewhere. Right?

No comments: