Tuesday, January 11, 2011

School Lessons

The weekend was fantastic! But now it's back to life as usual. My classes are getting harder and harder as we go. That's how it always is. I'm trying to learn from my experiences and catch up now while it's not so overwhelming. In the past, I have always thought that the material doesn't make sense right now, but as we go deeper I'll figure it out. And that never ever happens. I just get more stressed out and then I end up spending the last week before the test trying to go back to 3 weeks ago and figure out what I never learned in the first place. So- lesson learned. Today is the second day of week 2. That means in my only lecture course, I have had 4 lectures so far. That's four hours of material. And it took me about an hour to go through the powerpoints, with my textbook open, and figure out the material. Just an hour, and I feel so much less stressed. There are so many things I wish I knew when I started college! Like, you should always ALWAYS read the textbook. Even if it seems like a waste of time because the professor is lecturing on the same material. Even if you would rather go out with friends. Even if you think you know the material already. And you should NEVER cram the night before a test. It doesn't work. You should start at least one week before the test, and go back and study a little bit at a time. I know that personally, I cannot concentrate on one class for more than 2 hours.

I'm getting kicked out of this study hall. So now it's time to go home and cook dinner!

No comments: