Saturday, January 29, 2011

Homework

My test went AWESOME! 89 percent, which in a science class is almost certainly an A! It's been a while since I've scored that high on a test, in a science class at least. I didn't even study all that much for it. Yay!

But my other classes aren't going quite so well. Of course it's that same old chemistry class. I have to start writing my paper this weekend. I hate writing. Hate hate HATE writing! I guess scientific writing isn't quite as bad as English writing, but it's still writing. And I have about a hundred journal articles to sift through and cite. That's probably going to be the hard part. The formatting of this paper is extremely specific. We have to write it as if we were submitting it to the Journal of Biochemistry. Every margin, every font size, the title and authors, every reference has a specific rule. As my professor kindly informed us, "if one period is out of place, it's going in the garbage!" Thanks, Dr. Verl. That's really encouraging and motivating. Ha.

Well I'm going to attempt to start on this. It's due on Tuesday, so I'm going to work on it a little bit at a time. And in between, maybe a walk with Jackson since it's absolutely gorgeous outside (over 60 degrees yesterday, and 55 today!) and I think a trip to the mall might help too.

No comments: