Thursday, January 20, 2011

Daydreaming

Well, I was right. This quarter has been a nightmare, and it's only the third week. How are we going to survive? Daniel and I are both so incredibly stressed out we almost strangled each other last night. Well, not literally. But you know what I mean. We were both so exhausted that we turned on each other. It's so easy for us to take out our frustration and exhaustion on each other. I think that will be a constant battle this quarter for us both. Luckily, today we got some unexpected time to spend together. I went into work, and none of my supervisors were there, so I left :-) I knew they wouldn't care and I got the little bit of work done that I needed to. So Daniel picked me up and we ran a bunch of errands together. That may not sound like a happy surprise, but it definitely was for us. We have been going to bed at different times, waking up at different times, and barely seeing each other in between. So for us to get 2 or 3 good hours together was amazing. We had a great time. But now it's back to school, and back to stress. Daniel's classes are really hard and he can barely keep up between work. I try to help him any way I can (making dinner, doing laundry, grocery shopping) but he still can't seem to keep up. I hope it gets better. I am able to keep up with my classes, but just barely. I'm so happy I have only one class with actual tests this quarter. That means I have a lot of classes with papers/projects/group meetings. In some ways, those are worse than tests. I have met with my group for 2 hours 2-3 times a week so far. On the plus side, I'm really getting to know them very well. We have made huge progress, but not enough. Every time we meet with our professor we take two steps forward and one step back. I'm trying to stay optimistic. It helps that my group members are very positive, hard working, and motivated. We work so well together. I've heard complaining from my classmates about group members who don't show up and don't do what they are supposed to. Thank goodness that's not me!

The other big thing on my mind lately is.... the wedding! I told myself I wasn't going to do anymore wedding planning during school, but let's face it. Right now that's just about the only thing I have to look forward to. There's nothing I'd rather daydream about in class. So in between homework and classes I have been shopping! I think I found a really nice set of flower girl baskets and ring pillow for very inexpensive. And I have a loooong list of things I want to get done over spring break. It will be a busy week! Oh, it's March 14-20 for those of you involved ;-) I will be meeting with the florist, getting my first dress fitting, shopping for undergarments shoes and jewelry, approving the bridesmaid dresses, picking the flower girl dresses, ordering Save the Dates, and anything else I can do without Daniel. Daniel can only come for the weekend, so when he gets there we will taste the food, meet with the bakery, meet with the venue, hopefully meet with our officiant, pick a DJ, pick a brass quintet and jazz combo, pick the music for both groups to play, and a million bajillion other things! I have no idea when I will be able to make it back to Phoenix again so I need to get as much done as possible. Which reminds me of a dilemma that maybe some of you readers can help me with. We will be having a wedding shower and receiving wedding gifts. How in the world are we going to get all of those back to Denver? It's going to be quite a problem. A happy problem, of course!

It's snowing outside and I'm in this study hall with huge picture windows. It's so pretty when it's dark and snowing. The snowflakes just light up and the snow on the ground sparkles like diamonds. Too bad it has to be so cold!

No comments: