Friday, October 29, 2010

Moral Dilemma

On Wednesday, in my abnormal psychology class, my professor told us that he posted a study guide. I had my computer out, so I immediately downloaded it and saved it to my desktop. He continued to lecture, which I found very boring, so I pulled up the study guide and started reading through it. It was 50 multiple choice questions- exactly like the test. I figured he pulled out an old test from a few years ago, and gave that to us to study from. I read through about the first 35 questions, and then I decided I should pay attention to his lecture. After the first hour, we have a break. After the break, he told us that he had accidentally posted the TEST instead of a study guide! So he immediately deleted it, and asked how many people had already downloaded it. Me and about 5 other people (out of about 40) raised our hands. He asked anyone who had already downloaded it to delete it as well. He said he is going to have to write a whole new test now. He was very unhappy about it because it takes him a long time to write questions and he likes to re-use questions from past years. So I guess he had this test out on his computer, and he was using that to write the study guide. But instead of posting the study guide he posted the test. Definitely his mistake. So now, my dilemma: I still have the study guide. And my classmates are asking for a copy. I've already read through the first 35 questions. I feel like it's only fair to give everyone else the same opportunity that I had. And he said he was rewriting the entire test anyways. But, he asked us to delete it so I'm sure he doesn't want us to distribute it. Everyone in class saw me raise my hand so they know I have it. I have already emailed it to two friends. Should I use it to study? I feel like it only makes sense. If I want to do well, I should use any resources I have. And it's his fault for posting it, and his responsibility to fix it. I don't know what the right thing to do is. Maybe there isn't a right thing. I don't know.

Today at work I was extremely productive! I ran a gel, which always makes me super nervous. I have never been able to really do it perfect. Something always goes wrong. But today was the closest I've ever gotten and it seemed to turn out fine. I'm so happy and relieved about that. I also got to see some little mouse babies that were born. They're so cute once they're a few days old and their hair has grown in.

Daniel leaves tomorrow for Phoenix. I'm totally dreading it. Our roommates are moving out today, our other roommate is in Phoenix, and Daniel is in Phoenix. That means I will be completely alone for about 3 days. I don't like that. Maybe I will enjoy it, I don't know. I'm pretty sure I will not enjoy answering the door and handing out candy a million times by myself. That doesn't sound like a lot of fun. But I am planning on going out for drinks with Hope at some point this weekend. So at least that's one night I won't be by myself.

Last night was a seniors only Happy Hour at a local restaurant/bar on campus. It was really great to see some friends and have a few drinks. But it kind of made me sad. I can't believe that I'm almost done with college. I will miss it so much. I think it will be much harder to get together with friends when you don't see them every day in class. And I will miss the whole college atmosphere- going to parties and out to bars, talking about classes and professors and things like that. College is more fun than I ever thought it would be. I'm so sad that it's almost over. But I'm sure the next part of my life will be fun too.

No comments: