Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Rachel Homemaker

I have felt like a housewife today. I guess in effect, I am one. Except for the wife thing lol. Daniel is working until school starts, so I'm at home with Jackson and Paul. Daniel is an orientation leader for the incoming freshmen. So while he's at work all day, I have taken it upon myself to make sure everything else gets done. I'm running errands, cleaning the house, and making dinner. We'll see how long that lasts. I will probably get bored and have to find something else to do next week.

So today I have gotten a bunch of things done that I've been meaning to do for a while. I finally bought my brother's birthday present. Price for procrastinating: $16.95 (the cost for 2-day air shipping). I cleaned the whole house. I'm the only one that cleans the house which means that it doesn't get cleaned when I'm not here. So while we were in Phoenix it got quite dirty. And I have discovered that Jackson creates much more dirt in the house. When I pick up Daniel later I will stop at the post office and mail Nicole's hair dryer which she left in Phoenix and I will deposit my check at the bank. I may need to run to the grocery store later too. Don't I sound like a housewife?

I'm kind of worried for when school starts. I'm so busy now keeping up with house cleaning and repairs and running errands, when will I get it done during school? My guess is that I will just have to live with a slightly dirtier house and clean less often. We will probably let some things go un-repaired too. I guess it's good that we're getting all that stuff done now.

I've been thinking about the job situation for this year. I really don't know what to do. Working at the desk last year was awesome. I worked a ton of hours, got my homework done, and hung out with friends at the same time. However, it will not be nearly as convenient now that the desk is a 10 minute drive instead of a 2 minute walk away. That means Daniel and I will have to fix our schedules so we work at the same time because we are carpooling to campus. We will also have to make it so we work right after class or between classes or we will be driving back and forth 3 times a day. I think we'll try it and see how it goes. Right now I have no other job prospects. When school starts I will look into working at the library, or maybe for the psychology department. But working on campus just isn't that convenient anymore. I really wish I didn't have to work at all. But Grandma and Grandpa want me to.

At ths point I'm basically biding my time until Daniel is done. He invited some of our friends over for dinner tonight so that will be fun. And now the house is nice and clean for them all. :-)

No comments: