Saturday, September 12, 2009

Bells!

I went to my first bells rehearsal Thursday night. It was great! :-) The group is mostly middle-aged women who have been playing for a couple years. There are two women in their 30s that have been playing together since they were 12. There's a really old lady who just joined this year and has never played before. So it's quite a diverse group I guess. Oh, and the leader of the group has an 18 year old son who is also in it. The only boy lol. So I met everybody and we had a chance to learn about each other and talk about the year. I played E and F and it seems like I will be playing two octaves at once almost all the time. We call it "shellying." I don't know if the spelling is right. Anyways, it's enough of a challenge for me playing two octaves at once. And the people feel very familiar. It's just like I walked into a small group at CITD. They were all so nice and welcoming and asking all about me. One lady even said she has a brother and his wife that live in Phoenix and he teaches at PVHS! Crazy world. Well I'm really excited. I hope it will help us get involved and we can start to feel like Wellshire Presbyterian church is "home" for us.

Besides that, it's been more Discoveries orientation stuff. Daniel working, me taking care of the house and Jackson. We took Jackson to puppy preschool this morning. I have to say I know EXACTLY what it's like to be a parent watching your kids on the playground or at daycare. I was afraid that my puppy would be bad, or not listen, or bully the other puppies. Mostly the class was just to socialize puppies, so we took off their collars and leashes and let them play. Jackson turned out to be very good, and actually none of them were really bad. They were all so cute! Especially this rottweiller puppy. He was just one huge muscle! I would never want a rottweiller, but he was really cute.

Then Daniel had a meeting on campus, so we just took Jackson along. He had to help set up for the carnival this afternoon which means just moving tables and chairs in the gym. I kept Jackson on the leash and watched everyone set up. He was a hit again! Everybody had to stop and pet him and play with him. I got really tired of him pulling on my arm, but it was fun anyways. And he was so exhausted when we got home! We had a quick lunch, ran to Costco to get groceries and gas, and headed back to campus for the carnival. That's where all the clubs and organizations and even restaurants around campus give out free stuff and try to get you to sign up for their mailing list. We got so much cool stuff! Lots of pens and pencils, and even an organic T-shirt.

Daniel had to go back again to help clean up so I'm getting some homework done while he's gone. I think labs are the hardest part of college. No wonder, that's the only class I get a C in. At least it's only one credit. But I'm going to try really really hard this quarter. I say that every quarter. Maybe it will last this time. Or maybe not.....

School starts in two days!

No comments: