Friday, September 25, 2009

Jackson.... grrrr

I think Jackson is mad that we went back to school. For 3 weeks, there was someone home almost 24 hours a day. There were a few times that we all went out for dinner or to a Rockies game, but at night he was tired anyways. But now he is usually alone from 9am-2:30pm or even longer some days. When we get home, he is so desperate for attention that he is behaving badly! If I am sitting at the kitchen table on my computer, Jackson will stand there and bark over and over and over again. He doesn't bark often, but when he does it is ear-splitting! I don't want to reinforce his barking, so I ignore him. But that makes him bark more! I have discovered a way to simultaneously play with him while I'm on my computer or doing homework. I use one hand to tug on his rope or another toy and use the other hand to do whatever I'm doing. This doesn't work perfectly though. I don't know if his nails are longer, or if he's just playing rougher, but I have gotten hurt! He has a habit of grabbing on to the toy with his mouth and jumping up with his front paws. His nails hurt! I have so many scratches up and down my arms from him jumping up. And when he plays tug, he always wants to grab the side that you're holding. And quite often he ends up just chomping down on your hand instead of the toy! Last night Paul and I were playing and I threw the rope to him so he could play, and Jackson jumped onto Paul up on the chair and almost bit his hand off! It's dangerous! I don't really know what to do. If I don't play with him, he barks incessantly and loudly at me. So the situation has gotten quite obnoxious. It makes me really wish I could punish him. I yell no and he just barks right back. This makes me dread the days that we have a toddler running around. At least a toddler I can punish. Yesterday, when I got home from school, I spent 90 minutes playing with him figuring that he would be tired and leave me alone for a while. WRONG! But he is cute, so that makes it all better lol.

School has been surprisingly easy so far. Granted, it's only the end of week 2. I have had maybe 4 hours of homework total. I come home from school, and I have no homework! It's amazing. I have my first midterms this week, both in psychology. One in statistics, and one in cognitive neuroscience. And in class this week, my professor stood at the front of the class with the test in his hand and read it to us. So obviously I'm not too concerned about doing well.

Besides Jackson, this week has been very focused on Theta Chi stuff. It's rush week, so Daniel has been so busy preparing. Tonight they have house tours, and all weekend they have social activities. I was invited to go to the Rockies game on Sunday with them. We had a bunch of guys over last night, and one of them was a freshman. However, he is a legacy for Zeta Beta Tau. Daniel still thinks he may like Theta Chi better. I think I had a bit too much to drink. Why is it that in a rum and coke, the last two drinks get you more drunk than the whole rest of the glass? I woke up this morning a little hung over which made Chemistry feel so much longer. I'm proud of myself for not missing any class yet this quarter. Living off campus makes skipping class a little harder. When I'm on campus already, I might as well go, right?

I have been thinking about my 21st birthday and I have no idea what to do for it. All of my friends that are older are Theta Chi brothers. Which means I could go out on my birthday with a bunch of my fiancee's brothers..... that's weird. The other option is having people over here. That's not nearly as much fun as actually ordering drinks and everything. I also thought maybe I will wait until Nicole comes and then the two of us can go out if we want.

We did buy tickets to Wicked this week! DU bought some tickets and sold them to students at a reduced rate. We bought them for $20 and they are just about the worst seats you could get. We are in the second to last row in the top balcony. But I don't care, we'll bring binoculars or something. That's on Oct. 21 so I guess it's sort of for our anniversary, or my birthday. We have so many exciting things coming up! I love my life :-)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I was thinking of maybe going to the melting pot for dinner the night we get in...

If we end up going it would be me and Mike's gift to you guys (so you wouldn't pay) but we still have to determine if we can afford it.

Let me know if that sounds good to you.