Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Last week before school

This week has been pretty boring. I really want school to start so I can get back into a routine. This summer has been crazy! I think normalcy will be a nice change for a while. Daniel has been taking freshmen around campus all week. This is their orientation week where they register and learn all about DU and not to rape girls or drink and drive. All that stuff. I've been able to see him here and there when he has a couple hours off. In the evenings we have been hanging out with friends.

Last night we had dinner on campus and then took Jackson to the movie on the lawn. They were showing Ironman on a giant inflatable screen out on campus greens. Jackson drew a lot of attention lol. Everyone wanted to meet him and pet him and play with him. It was really hard to keep him calm though. We wanted to sit on our blanket and watch the movie, but Jackson wanted to run around and sniff everything and lick people. Of course everybody wanted to play with him too, but we didn't want him to wander. So we practiced sitting and staying calm. It didn't help that there was cotton candy and popcorn everywhere! Overall, it was a lot of fun. Everytime we go to campus I see more friends and it makes me so happy. I've missed all my friends over the summer. And it makes me a little nostalgic for living on campus. But then I remember how badly I wanted to move off campus when I did live in the dorms. Besides, I love our house even more!

No comments: