Monday, May 9, 2011

Answered Prayers

Wow last week was one of the most exciting weeks of my life! Reason number one: I got a job offer. Reason number two: I got a car! My sister is the most generous person. She was ready to buy herself a new car, and instead of trading in her old one she decided to just give it to Daniel and me. This is such an incredible gift because we really need another car. We have been sharing one for almost 3 years now and it gets harder and harder. Right now we have to spend every night going over our schedule for the next day and working out how we're going to get where we need to be. Between my job and class schedule, and Daniel's job and class schedule, and Daniel's teaching lessons, and his fraternity events, and my church activities, it's gotten very difficult at times. Not only is it difficult, but we end up using way more gas than we would otherwise. It's not unusual for us to drive back and forth to school 3 times a day. Terrible for the environment, and expensive! Though it's been difficult, we have made it work. But in a very short time it would be virtually impossible for us to share a car. Over the summer Daniel will be working full-time at the bank that is just 3 blocks from our house. I will be working at the University of Colorado, a 20 minute drive away. But when school starts again, Daniel will need to get to DU while I need to get to CU. They are in opposite directions and over 30 minutes from each other. Completely impossible for us to share. This problem has been in the back of my mind for months, but I had no solution. There is no way we could afford a car in the next few months. But now my sister has provided the answer to my prayers. Daniel and I will each be able to drive ourselves where we need to be. And my dad also has provided another answer: a way to get the car here to Denver! He is going to drive it from Columbus to Denver in the one week between Nicole's graduation and my graduation. So in 3 weeks, we will have our new car! There have been a few challenges with this incredible gift, but I think we have them all worked out now. Daniel and I will need to pay for the registration and the new plate and all that. We also got a quote from my favorite insurance company, USAA, and as soon as the car gets here we are both going off of our parents' policy and onto our own. We got a great quote from them, and worked out a policy we can afford. One more step towards adulthood!

My second interview was today and I thought it went very well. I met with each head of the lab for 15 minutes. It didn't seem like enough time, but they are very busy people. I enjoyed speaking with them very much. They were both so friendly and conversational. It might be over a week before I hear anything. More waiting! I feel like I spend my whole life waiting for something- an interview, a job offer, graduation, my wedding.... but I guess if you're not waiting for something then there's nothing to look forward to! It's out of my hands now so I'll just wait and see. At least I know that I have a job now, thank you Jesus!

No comments: