Thursday, June 3, 2010

Third Year of College: Complete!

I'm officially done with spring quarter and junior year of college! I took my last final in chemistry this morning. I think it will take a few days for the relief to set in. I am still a little anxious and stressed from it all. Yesterday I was feeling quite sick, so we didn't go to Body Worlds. I made a doctor's appointment on campus and got some antibiotics. I'm already feeling much better, so by tomorrow I should be back to 100%. We went to Body Worlds today instead. It was incredible! I understood so much more after taking anatomy. I actually kind of wish I had gone before my final exam because seeing real bodies like that cleared some things up. It really helps you see how things relate to one another: something a textbook isn't very good at. Daniel asked me a million questions. It was fun to be the know-it-all for a little while.

The past few days we have been making appointments with all the wedding venues. It's going to be a crazy week while we're in Phoenix. We have one on Monday afternoon, two Tuesday evening, two Wednesday evening, and one Thursday evening. Hopefully by then we can make a decision and then on Friday or Saturday make a final appointment and draw up a contract. Then the wedding planning will really begin! Once I can visualize the location, I think everything else will fall into place. Our guest list is nearly complete too. We have almost exactly 150.

Hope left last night. She's officially moved out except for her large furniture. It was a little sad, and a little awkward. With every passing day, I feel like I've been dropped for the "London friends." Daniel feels that way too. They all went out together last night to say goodbye to Hope, and we weren't invited. I'm over it. If they choose to hang out with those friends instead of us, that's their right. We have plenty of other friends. It's probably a good thing they're moving out. Unfortunately, we still have no leads on roommates to take their place.

Daniel and I are planning a trip to Monterey now. My brother has been asking me to come out and visit him for months, and I think we'll be able to make time in July. I'll take Friday and Monday off work so we can spend a long weekend there. Monterey sounds like a beautiful town. I'm looking forward to the aquarium, and eating lots of sushi!

I have all evening with nothing to do, so I think I'll take a nap. Or maybe I should clean the house, do laundry, and begin packing. Because we leave for Phoenix very very early the day after tomorrow! I'm sooooooo excited!!! We get to be the bride and groom for a whole week :-)

1 comment:

beth said...

oh my gosh you have to go to the aquarium, it is possibly one of my favorite places ive ever been too.