Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday

This morning I woke up and by the time I was out of the shower, Daniel had brought breakfast down to our bedroom! He is so thoughtful! He made chocolate chip pancakes from scratch. After eating our delicious breakfast, we decided to go see Toy Story 3. It was such a great movie! I teared up at the end because it was so sweet. I can't even explain why exactly. It's amazing how invested you get in fictional characters. There were times that I actually gasped out loud. To be fair, it was a pretty intense movie at times. Pixar and Disney just make fantastic movies. They never fail. When we got home, we did a ton of yard work and I cleaned the house. It was so tiring. Keeping the grass mowed, and all our plants watered, and our garden weeded is so much work. It was hot outside, so I let Daniel mow the lawn while I cleaned inside the house. After that I was so exhausted, I took a little nap while Daniel cooked dinner. He is just the best! It was delicious too- ginger glazed pork ribs over cilantro lime rice with a green salad on the side. Yummy! We've been spending the evening cuddling with Jackson on the couch. This is why summer is so great. When I'm at work, I'm focused on that. But when I come home, I can leave that all behind and just enjoy my little family. I don't have to stress about homework or studying or anything like that. Life is good :-)

I think I forgot to mention that we have a new roommate. It just so happens that an old high school friend recently moved back to Denver and is looking for a place to live. Whitney was in choir with us, and she dated Michael who lived with Evan in Tempe last year. Small world, right? So while she continues to look for an apartment she is going to stay with us. This buys us some more time to find a long term roommate. I'm not super close to her, but Daniel is. She's really nice and neat, and she loves to bake. That's always a good quality in a roommate. And it definitely beats a stranger off of Craig's list. I'm really nervous about finding a complete stranger as a roommate. I know that most people out there are not criminals, but there are some. And how in the world are we supposed to know the difference? I finally convinced Daniel to perform a background check before he agrees to anyone, but that isn't fool proof. What happens if this person disappears without ever paying rent, or turns out to have friends that are criminals and steal something or bring illegal drugs into our house, or is messy and leaves stuff everywhere? It seems like a million things could go wrong. But what choice do we have? I just hope one of our friends will decide they need a place to stay before August 1 when Eric moves out.

No comments: