Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter weekend

I am so glad I decided to go to Phoenix for the weekend. It was a lovely vacation. The three days I was there were completely packed full, and by the end I was ready to come home. I got In-N-Out immediately after landing. I don't feel guilty, since I can only eat it while I'm in Phoenix. On Friday, I spent the entire morning just hanging out with Grandma. She gave me some great advice on planting flowers, trees, and vegetables in our yard. And she took me shopping and bought me two dresses! That evening, my bestest friend ever Sarah went to P.F. Chang's with my family for dinner. It's too bad I couldn't really enjoy it because I was having terrible stomach cramps. Afterwards we went shopping at H&M and then bar-hopping all night in downtown Phoenix. It was First Fridays, but by the time we got there it was kind of winding down. We met up with Daniel's brother, Evan, and his girlfriend Kristy at the first bar. I was pretty good about spacing out my drinks this time so that I didn't throw up or fall asleep after just a couple hours- that seems to be a problem of mine lol. We went to two other places after that, and hopped on the very last train just before 2am back to Sarah's apartment. That is very, very late for me, especially considering it was 3am in Denver! I slept over there and then left really early because Sarah had plans at 8am. After a "nap" until 9am, I went out with my Mom for a couple hours. Both my parents had plans, so I was kind of stuck at home for a while until I went to the Rosens at 3pm. We met my grandparents and aunt and uncle there and had a delicious dinner. The Rosens like to cook a ton of food, and it was so hard to choose what to eat without stuffing myself! Evan cooked these delicious scallops, and we had 3 different kinds of cheese, and steak and ham, and fruit salad..... it was really good. The best part was the whole family getting together. I am so incredibly lucky that my family and my in-laws get along. Not just get along, but enjoy spending time together. Even though Daniel's parents are hard-core democrats, and my aunt and uncle and grandparents sometimes work for the Arizona Republican party. We left straight from there to pick up my sister at the airport. It was so great to see her! And of course, we went straight to In-N-Out. Unfortunately, I was too full to eat anything this time. Nicole and I watched Survivor that night. We both have been following this season so it was fun to watch together. The next morning, we went to church. It was so fantastic to see everyone at church. They were all so surprised to see both of us there. We spent over an hour after the service just talking with people. It was particularly nice to see Mary Tassi, the Francis family (I babysat both their boys when they were newborns and now they're 3 and 4 years old!), and the whole bell choir. Before first service, we went back there to say hi to all of them. I really want the bell choir to play at the wedding, but I'm still trying to convince Daniel on that one. We went to Grandma and Grandpa's at noon for another delicious meal! We had crab legs, filet mignon, my favorite cheesy potato casserole, and green bean casserole. It's kind of weird, but I liked the potatoes and green beans the best. We left for the airport at about 6pm, because my flight left at 7:45pm. When I got to the airport, the screens said my plane was delayed until 8:50pm. By the time I got through security, it was delayed until 9:30pm! With the time change, this means we would land at 12:15am. Less than 9 hours before class the next morning. I got in line at the gate quickly, and I was second on the stand-by list to get on a flight at 8:55pm. It was a long shot because the flight was already overbooked, but I figured it was worth a shot. At 8:45pm, they called my name and handed me a boarding pass. So I landed at about 11:30pm instead of after midnight. It was still late, and a long, stressful, boring, exhausting wait at the airport, but I was finally home :-) And Jackson was very happy to see me! He couldn't stop licking my face. And Daniel kissed me too of course. It's hard after such a busy weekend to get back into school mode, but I don't have a choice. I have a chemistry test this Friday. I was falling asleep in class this morning, so I went home and took a nap before lunch and my afternoon/evening classes. I have a lab until 9pm tonight so I'm going to be on campus for dinner. I really hate that, but I don't have a choice. I'm looking forward to going home tonight.

No comments: