Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Life and the Future

It's 9:30pm and I'm falling asleep. I have so many more exciting things to do than sleep! I guess that's college.

At work today, I got to cut open some more mice. These ones were very fresh, which means they didn't smell as bad. Except the one that was pooping as he died. That one smelled. Too much information? lol sorry. This quarter's schedule is so messed up, Daniel and I end up on campus a lot more even though both of us are taking less hours of actual class. It sucks. This week we are eating lunch on campus every day, and dinner twice. I do NOT like to eat on campus. I think the food is not very healthy, and I like to know what's in my food. They put way too much salt in everything. The lunch I had yesterday had 350 calories, and 1200mg of sodium. That's ridiculous! And I like to be at home anyways. I like my home. It's cozy and nice.

Plus, Jackson needs us here. He has been a very, very bad puppy lately. Chewing things up, running around like crazy, barking, and one night he even refused to go to bed. He was in the backyard and it's impossible to catch him because he's so fast. Finally, we just decided to leave him out there all night long. When he gets like that, I know it's because he's bored and he has extra energy to burn. Which means we need to play with him and walk him more often. We've just been so busy lately. But this weekend the weather will be really nice so I hope to take him to the park then. There are some serious behavior issues we need to deal with though. First, walking on the leash without pulling. That is so annoying. Second, not coming when he's called. If he chewed up something, he knows he is in trouble and we spend 20 minutes chasing him around before we can discipline him. Which, of course, is exactly what he wants. That's not good. Third, jumping up on people. When our friends come over, he jumps all over them. It's really embarrassing. I'm thinking it may be time for obedience classes. Maybe this summer we'll have more time.

The past few months I feel like all of a sudden I am way closer to being an adult. Like, in one year I will have my bachelor's degree. That's crazy. I will be able to get a real job to support myself, and all the Rosen babies in our future. It's amazing that so many of our friends graduated high school and never went to college, or they're still trying to get their associate's degree while taking care of a new baby. I can think of two girls I graduated high school with that are exactly in that situation. They are happy with their decision, but I'm so glad that I waited and went to college. Even though I'm still DYING to get married and have children, this will be better in the long run. I will be able to support my family better, and we will have a more comfortable life. I don't know why I'm in such a hurry anyways. I have the rest of my life to be married and have children. But this is the only time in your life that you have a chance to experience college. Live in the dorms, live with friends, party on the weekends, and have very little real responsibility. I am definitely taking advantage of it and enjoying it while I can. And when the time comes to become a "real" adult and take care of myself and my family, I will be ready. :-)

No comments: