Saturday, May 30, 2009

Self-Loathing to the extreme

I am very upset with myself. Last night my biology professor posted our test grades for the test we took that morning. I got exactly the average. Which is a C. I hate getting Cs. I can only guess what my total grade is based on the three tests we've taken this quarter. We have also taken five quizzes, but I have no idea how those work into our grade. And I have no idea how they are curving this stuff. All I know is my grade, and the average. I got below the average on the first exam, above average on the second, and right on average the third. So to me, that looks like a C in the class. My first C (except for lab which is only one credit so I'm not going to count that). I am so angry with myself. I should have studied more, I should have paid better attention in class, I should have gotten more sleep the night before, I should have read the textbook more carefully, I should be smarter..... the list goes on and on. Last night I was so upset I started crying and I don't even know for sure what my final grade is in the class. I emailed the professors to ask so that I could make a better educated decision on whether to take the optional final exam. One of them replied saying that he had to talk to the other one. But he didn't say when they were going to talk or if they're going to post it anytime soon. To be honest, I really really really don't want to take it. I am so close to being done, it would feel so much better to just say I'm done with biology and not think about it anymore. Then I can focus all my attention on Chemistry. So I'm really leaning towards not taking it. Unless I have like a 79. But I don't know if I'll even find out what my final grade is before Monday.

Last night I was so discouraged that I had zero motivation left to study for chemistry. But I woke up this morning determined. I have done well on every single midterm in organic chemistry. And that's supposed to be the hard class! But really I've scored way above average so I know I have a chance to get a B and maybe even an A. That may be pushing it though. I have spent about 90 minutes already today going over the first chapter of the quarter. I did really well for that test, but I think it's because I crammed right before it. The material for that unit was basically all memorization, with a little strategy too. So I'm afraid that I won't be able to cram all of that stuff in my brain plus the 5 other chapters we've done this quarter. In my studying I have done really well though. I went back and did the homework assignment and I got almost all of them right on the first try without looking in the book. So that's really encouraging. I have lots of time the next 4 days to study, I just hope I can retain it all and remember it while I'm taking the final.

When I'm not working and studying, I am so bored! There's nothing to do during finals week, it sucks. Everyone is studying so nobody wants to go out and do anything. Daniel and I are going to see Up tomorrow afternoon. I am so excited to see it. It will be a good morale boost and study break. We also have to keep packing up our stuff. It's so hard because we can only pack up stuff we're not going to use in the next week. I am waiting to do laundry on Tuesday and then I will decide what I will take back to Phoenix. Everything else goes into a box to go to the house. I'm trying to take as little as possible to Phoenix because I don't want to check a bag on the plane. I feel bad for Daniel because he has another week here after me so he will have a lot of stuff to pack at the last minute. We also have to figure out how to get our bed, my desk, and our futon to the house. We will have to take apart the bed and futon. But, we need the bed on Tuesday night because I'm still here, but I will be checked out of my room so I can't sleep in my bed. It's so complicated! Hopefully, we can take apart the bed on Wednesday and set up Daniel's twin size bed that came with his room. That same day we will go pick up the furniture we bought (which is all in pieces because it's all from IKEA) and take the bed, futon, desk, and all of the other furniture we bought to the house. If we can't get that all done on Wednesday then Daniel will have to do it without me. Somehow, we'll get it all there.

I just keep telling myself that on June 14th-ish we will be in our house with all of our stuff and everything will go back to normal. No more boxes, no more packing, no more wondering when we can move in, how we can get our stuff from campus to the house and from Phoenix to the house. Juen 14 is not very far away at all. I can deal with all of this until then. And while I'm in Phoenix I will get to do fun things with my mom and just relax and recover from my sophomore year of college. I will be a junior next year. I feel like I was just a junior in high school! Time goes by so fast. I hope the next 2 years go by fast, so we can start really planning for our wedding :-) We're getting married! That is insane.

No comments: