Monday, December 8, 2008

my life is boring

I just got home from dropping my parents off at the airport. They're going on a cruise for two weeks and I'm at home all by myself. It's very much a bittersweet feeling. I'm sad that my mom is gone, but happy that my dad is. That sounds terrible, but it's true.

I have really loved spending so much time with my Mom. I understand that it's a bad thing that she's not working right now, but I think it's the best thing in the world. I don't get to see her when I'm at school, so when I'm home I want to spend as much time with her as possible. We've been cooking and baking, decorating for Christmas, and shopping! We get along so well and I always have fun when I'm with her.

With my dad, it's the opposite. I don't think I can stand another day with him. We don't have any common interests, I never enjoy spending time with him, and sometimes he makes me very angry! So I'm really glad that he's gone. I seriously would end up screaming at him if I had to spend much more time with him.

So you can see why I'm conflicted. But, overall, I should be happy because I still have Daniel and his family, and my grandparents to spend time with. And I have some things to do this next week that will keep me somewhat busy. My mom left all the Christmas presents to wrap up, and a few things to buy that she didn't get to. I have a ton of rehearsals and performances for bells, and I'll be babysitting a little bit. Besides that, my grandparents want to take me to our annual trip to the mall at Christmas, and I want to go to the Desert Botanical Gardens. And I see this as a great chance to see all the movies that I've wanted to rent but haven't had time.

On the downside, I have to figure out what I'm going to do for meals every day. I am perfectly capable of cooking, but I've never cooked for just myself before. It seems like a lot of work for just one person. I'm planning on going to Daniel's house and my grandparents a lot for dinner. And I want to invite them over here and cook for them too.

So I guess I will be pretty busy until the cruise!

No comments: