Thursday, September 5, 2013

Elijah the Toddler

Elijah has this new hobby of grabbing items from the house, sticking them out the doggie door, and letting go.  I guess we don't supervise him very well, because this often happens without us realizing.  And then hours later we'll find a bottle of taco seasoning sitting right outside the back door.  Or 3 wooden blocks.  Or the tin of bay leaves.

One time I was cleaning up all his toys and I couldn't find the 3 colored plastic balls that go with his helicopter toy.  I called Daniel (he had just left) to ask him if he knew where they were.  Of course, he asked if I looked under the couch.  Yes, yes I did.  Then he asked if I looked under the dining room table.  Yes, looked there too.  Then he asked if I looked out the doggie door.  I opened the back door, and there was nothing sitting just outside the door.  But I looked a little further, and out in the grass were 3 colored plastic balls.  Jackpot.  Elijah stuck each one of them out the doggie door, and they rolled all the way across the cement patio and into the grass.

He has another hobby that's very similar.  He likes to throw his toys out of the bathtub.  By the end of his bath he has literally no toys left in the water, and a pile of toys on the bathroom floor.  This isn't a big deal, except when he decides to throw overboard the cup we use to pour water over his head.  When he throws that out of the tub, we end up with a flooded bathroom floor.  This has happened more times than I would like to admit.

This kid is most definitely a toddler.

No comments: