Saturday, December 4, 2010

On Our Pre-Anniversary

I've had an awesome week, mostly because I love my job. It's so nice to go to work in the morning, come home in the evening, and not have to worry about homework or studying. Except I have been studying for the GRE a little bit. I'm terrified to take that test. The questions are really tricky. But I'm going to study really hard and not take the test until I'm sure I'm ready.

At work everything is going great. I ran this assay on Thursday that costs about $2500 so my boss was really nervous. She has never done it before, and I've done it a million times, so she asked me to do it for her. When I got there in the morning, I discovered that it was a little different than I thought. So I had to do some problem solving and figure some stuff out, but in the end it went really well. My boss was really happy. National Jewish had a holiday party on Friday that was really cool. They set up a big conference room with a bunch of cocktail tables and candy baskets. There was a guy dressed like Willy Wonka to greet us and he handed out envelopes. If yours had a golden ticket you won a prize. There were tables with all different kinds of cupcakes and big bowls of candy that you could scoop and put in a paper bag. The whole room was decorated with giant lollipops and big mushrooms and a chocolate fountain. And they were playing the movie on a big screen. It was so cute. Our lab is having our holiday party next Sunday so I'm really looking forward to that. And I made plans with Ashley, the other student, and Laura, my direct supervisor, to go out for drinks next week after work. The three of us spend a lot of time together in the lab and we have a lot of fun. I've never gone out with them though. I'm sure it'll be a good time- especially because Laura has a lot of crazy stories that begin with "I was at this bar one time....."

We also got the proofs from our photo shoot yesterday. They turned out incredible! We definitely picked the right photographer. She is very talented. She gave us about 250-300 shots, and there are at least 30 that we love. We need to pick one for our Christmas card, one for our Save the Dates, and one to blow up and put at the entrance on our wedding day- which is exactly one year from today! It's our pre-anniversary :-) I can't believe it! One year! I'm so excited. I'm sure this year is going to go by so fast. I have complete confidence after getting my make up done by the girl who is doing it on my wedding day, and seeing photographs of us by the actual wedding photographer, that our wedding day is going to be perfect. Somehow together they made me look beautiful. I feel so much more confident now. I don't feel like I need to lose (as much) weight before our wedding, and I know I will look perfect. If I may say, Daniel also looked very hot in the pictures ;-)

So, to sum up, I LOVE my job, I LOVE our pictures, and our wedding is in ONE year!! :-)

No comments: