Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I'm done!

Wow.  I'm finally done.  I did really really terrible on my organic chemistry exam.  It was really hard!  The only way I'll do well is if my professor decides to give me points for being very "creative" in my answers.  Or if everyone else does worse than me which is a very good possibility.  I have spent hours today packing up a ton of stuff so Daniel has as little to do as possible once I leave.  We haven't gotten permission to store our stuff in the house yet, so Daniel will have to deal with that by himself.

On Monday night we went over to Daniel's tuba professor's house for a end of the year BBQ.  All the tuba students and their "significant other" came as well as the other tuba professor and his wife.  There were about 12 people altogether.  She lives in a house built in 1890!  It's a beautiful home.  It's filled with antique Victorian furniture that match the house very well.  Kathy and her husband researched what the house used to look like and used wallpaper and paint to reproduce what it probably looked like when it was built.  Kathy cooked a really delicious meal.  She has two beautiful German Shepherd dogs.  They are very big and not very well behaved.  They were so cute though.  They bark at anything that goes by and since her house is on the corner, that's pretty often.  It still made me want to get a dog.  A small dog.  And train it well.  Interestingly, there were two other scientists there.  Kathy's husband is a vascular surgeon and Erin (a graduate student) is dating a doctoral student in biochemistry.  I got to talk to them a lot and they had some advice for me.  Mostly, to make sure I have something that makes me stand out when I apply to graduate/medical school.  Erin's boyfriend recommended the Ph.D./M.D. program.  I'll think about it, but that's a lot of school and a lot of money and it sounds really hard.  But wouldn't that be amazing to be Dr. Rachel Rosen, M.D./Ph.D.?  And I could do research and work with patients at the same time.  That's definitely something I'm interested in.  I know ASU West has the program, I'm not sure about any places in Colorado.  This was the first time that I really had a chance to talk with Daniel's tuba professors and get to know them.  They spend lots of time with Daniel and I see them around the music school a lot, but I have never really talked to them.  

I checked out of my room last night.  I leave for the airport in about 4 hours.  Next time I come to Denver, I'll sleep in our new house!  I couldn't sleep at all last night.  I'm not sure if it was because I was nervous about this test, excited to go to Phoenix, or excited to move into our house.  Probably a combination of the three.  Either way I didn't sleep.  I was literally awake all night long.  I think it's even worse when Daniel is sleeping soundly next to me.  But I'm not tired right now. I'll probably sleep on the plane and hopefully go to bed early tonight.  I'll be going to VBS tomorrow morning so that will be fun.  I can't wait to spend time with my mom.  I miss her a lot.  

I'm done.  I'm so glad I have three months with no homework and no tests and no labs.  Yay!

No comments: