Sunday, June 21, 2009

Done!

I just got back from taking Daniel's parents to the airport. It was a crazy 4 days, but we finished pretty much everything. There are no more boxes to be unpacked, no more furniture to put together, nothing to fix. The only thing left is the shed which will be delivered on Monday. I can't believe we got everything done in 3 1/2 days. The 4th day we spent the morning finishing up, went shopping for groceries at Costco, and then celebrated our roommate Paul's birthday and our new house with a party in the evening. A bunch of the Theta Chi brothers came over and Hope too :-) Paul made a delicious dinner for all of us (on his own birthday) and we played guitar hero and drank PBR all night long.

I had to take Daniel to work this morning. He's living on campus for the next two weeks. He does get one whole day off this Friday. Besides that he can't really leave campus. I wish that we had at least one day in the house to ourselves, but it didn't work out. That's okay, we can wait. Daniel's parents were so generous. We went to the store a billion times and they bought anything they thought we needed. Anything. And they took us to Costco and let us get whatever we wanted this one time. I asked his dad if something was too expensive and he told me, "We're taking you to Costco once, you can take advantage of it or not" So I did lol. This morning before they left for the last time, Robert put a little piece of bread and a pinch of salt and wrapped it in aluminum foil. He told us this is so that nobody in the house will ever go hungry, and we'll always have a little spice. He hid it up high in the back of a cupboard. I guess it's a Jewish tradition. It was so sweet.

Today me, Paul, and Hope are going to the neighborhood picnic! I have never been to a neighborhood picnic before. And one week after we move in, they have one. It's so funny. It's a big neighborhood, probably 1.5-2 square miles so there will be a lot of people there. They even have sponsors and I'm pretty sure there will be food. Then we're meeting two other brothers, Eric Froese and Erik Engelstad to see The Proposal. I think it'll be a fun day. I'm really excited to cook dinner for myself tonight for the first time in our new home. I really hope that Daniel will be able to come home once in a while, but I doubt he will. At least I can go to campus and hang out with him all day if I really want to. I'm kind of looking forward to the next 2 weeks. I can do whatever I want. I'm planning on going to the library to get a big stack of books to read.

1 comment:

beth said...

ummm cute bread thing but wont it get moldy?

Jake and i are going to see The Proposal right now too! funny!