Thursday, September 2, 2010

I need a break from life.

The past few days, I have felt off. Like I'm not myself. And it's really affecting my life in a negative way. I'm annoyed with everyone and everything. I'm going to extreme measures so that I don't have to go to work. I just want to lay in bed and watch TV all day. What's wrong with me?

Yesterday I called in sick to work. I slept until lunchtime. I was pessimistic all day. I'm irritated with our roommates. The house was clean when we got home (which was a nice surprise) but there's stuff everywhere. They have a trailer that has been sitting in front of our house since they moved in, and we were told they were getting a storage unit the day they moved in. The garbage is overflowing, and there are dirt bike parts, rags, and other random stuff all over the backyard. They left a cooler in front of our front door, and parked their dirt bike in the driveway right next to a huge cardboard box that's too big to fit in the garbage can. This is particularly annoying to me because I know Jackson will chew up pretty much anything he can get in his mouth if it's outside. Then last night while we were cooking dinner, we discovered that our kitchen scissors that came with our nice knife set were missing. Our roommates told us that Jackson chewed them up. For him to get the scissors, someone must have been using them and left them on the ground or outside somewhere. Why would anybody use a nice pair of kitchen scissors outside? They are meant for food! And they're expensive! And I've told them repeatedly not to leave things outside because Jackson will chew them up. Then we opened the fridge, and there was not room to put anything. The fridge was full of beer (over 24 cans!) and takeout containers. It's so ridiculous. Daniel and I like to cook with fresh vegetables, and to fill up the fridge with so much beer is a complete waste of space.

So, Daniel and I resolved to speak to them that evening. They need to get a storage unit to get rid of the trailer and all their dirt bikes and parts. They need to clean up the backyard so there's nothing for Jackson to eat. They need to take out the garbage if it's overflowing, and take large boxes to the dumpster. They need to limit the amount of space they take up in the fridge, and it would be nice if they didn't drink so much beer too!

This whole situation on top of the argument with Daniel's dad has just put me over the edge. I can't think about anything else. I hardly slept last night. To make it worse, Daniel's dad called. He called from Daniel's mom's cell phone because he knew Daniel wouldn't answer if it was him. And he kept pushing the same old issue. Daniel changed the subject, but I think he should have hung up.

So now I'm laying in bed with some candles lit and my computer, and I'm going to try to de-stress and calm down. I know I'm blowing all of this out of proportion and I don't want to say anything I will regret to Daniel's dad or to our roommates.

No comments: