Thursday, July 8, 2010

Best Day EVER

So I know I already blogged today, but I have to add more.

I just got off the phone with my grandparents. They are amazing. The best grandparents in the entire world. They are so supportive. They were thrilled when I told them how work was going. And completely out of the blue, Grandma told me that she wanted me to go visit Nicole in Chicago and she is willing to pay for my transportation there. As in, my grandparents are paying for my (very expensive) flight to Chicago! This is a HUGE relief. I was really apprehensive about spending so much money for a long weekend to visit Nicole. I was going to spend it anyways, because when else could I get a trip to Chicago for only the cost of a flight. And I'm dying to see my sister. She has visited me so many times, and I have never visited her. So it's time. I literally bought my flight and within an hour, Grandma and Grandpa offered to pay for it. I don't want to come across as loving my grandparents because they give me money. That's not it at all. If I never spoke to my grandparents, but I got a check in the mail every time I needed it, it would mean nothing. The fact is, my grandparents support me and encourage me in everything. Their love for me is absolutely unconditional. And my relationship with Nicole means so much to them that they want to help me so I can go visit her.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I'm so excited!! I really want you to come and visit too so I'm trying to take some of the expenses too, but there's only so much I can afford. I'm so glad Grandma and Grandpa are helping too! We're going to have SUCH a good time!