Sunday, January 1, 2012

Catching Up

I'm not even going to try to summarize the last two months.  It was crazy busy and I'm just now getting back into the routine of normal life.  Thanksgiving and the week leading up to the wedding were so much fun, mostly because I got to spend an entire week with my sister.  The bachelorette party was a blast, and exactly what a bachelorette party should be.  The rehearsal was a nightmare- completely overwhelming and more stress-inducing than stress-relieving.  The rehearsal dinner was slightly better.  The wedding day was absolutely perfect.  It felt so much like us.  My only regret is that I didn't get to spend more time with all the guests who were there.  It was just physically impossible with almost 200 people there.  But the important thing is that I got to marry my partner for life.  The honeymoon was exactly what we needed- relaxing at times, adventurous at times, and most of all 10 whole days for us to spend with each other and nobody else.  It was kind of hard to come down off that and I have to admit that the whole honeymoon I was completely dreading coming back to work.  But I was really happy to finally come home after 3 1/2 weeks away, so that helped ease the transition back to real life.  And since I got back work has been going really well.  I've had quite a few days off due to holidays so it's been easy for Daniel and me to get everything put away and back in order.  We got a huge snowstorm our first week back in Denver and even though it's been between 50 and 60 degrees this whole week, the snow and ice still won't melt!  But that means that we had a beautiful white Christmas- our first one as a married couple.  It was a very nice calm Christmas.  Very different than any Christmas in past years, but it felt right for this year.  We opened all our wedding gifts and a few Christmas gifts from the family and cooked a delicious meal.  On Christmas Eve Daniel followed his mother's example and cooked us a traditional "Noche Buena" meal that was incredible.  We went to the late service at our church here in Denver and it was incredibly moving.  It really put me into the Christmas spirit.

So now it's New Years Day and we are celebrating the beginning of 2012!  2011 was an incredible year for us by anyone's standards.  We both graduated with our undergrad degrees, I had a full-time job the very next Monday that I absolutely loved and soon after got offered a much better paid job that I don't like nearly as much.  But it's a good learning experience for me, and the pay of course makes it worth it.  My first real job, combined with graduating from college, meant that this year Daniel and I became completely financially independent for the first times in our lives.  That was a huge and exciting step for us, and it has mostly been an easy transition.  Together we're making more money than we were living on while we were in college so we've been able to save quite a bit each month.  Add that to all the generous wedding gifts we got, and right now we are feeling very comfortable.  The year ended with us finally getting married.  It feels so right for us to be "The Rosen Family."  Ad we are so excited to see what happens to The Rosen Family in 2012!

No comments: