Saturday, August 28, 2010

Wedding Gown

I bought my wedding gown! Yesterday I went with my mom, my grandma, my aunt, Daniel's mom, Nicole, and Sarah. I didn't think it would be a problem to bring so many people, because none of them are particularly opinionated (except for my sister). That turned out to be wrong. Everybody had an opinion, but in the end it was easy for everyone to agree. We went to Demetrios in Scottsdale. I like a lot of their dresses, so I knew I would find one. And of course I did! I tried on 8 or 10 different dresses. They were all different variations of what I want. When I put on "the dress" everybody instantly loved it. I was surprised that all 6 people agreed so easily. I tried on a million different veils with it. There were still a few more dresses to try on, but none of them were as perfect. There was one that Nicole and Sarah liked better, but once I put on my dress again, they changed their minds. Then we got to the whole price issue. I had a budget of $1500. I had a feeling that the dress I liked would be over budget because the things I wanted are expensive (lace and beading). And it was by $200. But the saleslady told me that I get 15% off my first visit. So that put it just under budget. Then we added in tax and it was back over budget. Then Nicole said that she thinks I would be stupid not to get the dress just because it's $90 over, and she would even pay the difference if it came down to that. So I conceded. I also found the perfect veil that matches the dress, and that was surprisingly expensive. But I have a separate budget for the veil and alterations and everything like that. The saleslady knew that I was over budget, so she gave me 15% off alterations too. The most important thing is that I love LOVE my gown. It's perfectly me, and has everything I was looking for. I was surprised how well it fit everything I want. And Julie was confident that Daniel is going to love it too. The whole experience was just so much fun. Everybody enjoyed it, and everybody agreed that the dress is perfect. After the appointment we all went out for lunch. I'm dying to post pictures, but I know I can't! Poor Daniel feels so left out of the whole thing. He thinks the tradition of not seeing the dress until that day is silly. But that's the way it has to be. Now that I have the dress and the veil, my picture for that day is so much clearer. And I'm so excited!

No comments: